Kerr Pump & Supply is a Proquip distributor, committed to meeting your unique requirements for tank agitator and mixers since 1969.
For over five decades, ProQuip has provided innovative, high performance tank agitators and mixing solutions around the globe from the low shear requirements of bioprocess to the strain of high temperature, high pressure polymerization reactors. They design and manufacture trouble free, cost effective bottom, side, and top entry tank agitators that meet your specific process needs
- Wide Horsepower Range from fractional to over 1,000 HP
- High Torque Values up to 1,000,000 IN-LBS
- High Quality Components specifically designed for years of continuous mixing service
- Simple Mechanical Designs for easy installation, operation and maintenance
- In-house Testing and evaluation of mixing applications
- Personalized Service including expert support throughout the product lifecycle
Top-Entry Tank Agitators
Stock and custom industrial mixers for a wide range of applications and tank geometries/sizes.
ProQuip top-entry tank agitators feature mechanically simple designs with high-quality rugged components for reliable, trouble-free performance in demanding industrial applications. Multiple gearbox, motor, impeller, shaft size and seal options are available.
- Full line of gearboxes from fractional to over 1,000 horsepower. Torques to over 1,000,000 in-lbs.
- Technical expertise, application experience and market knowledge to select the proper drive for your mixing needs.
- Custom-designed systems available for special applications.
- Reliable, trouble-free performance with quality components selected for optimal mixer service.
- Complete range of seal options through double mechanical seals at pressures exceeding 100 bar.
- In-house testing and evaluation of mixing applications.
- Simplicity in mechanical designs.
- Helical spiral bevel or involute worm gear available in each size range.
- Unmatched customer service, from initial design, to installation and startup and aftermarket parts and service.
Side-Entry Tank Agitators
Belt and gear driven industrial mixers for demanding applications including digesters, bulk storage, and asphalt production.
Sanitary Tank Agitators
The SaniQuip® Sanitary Mixer is specifically engineered for critical SIP/CIP environments. It has all stainless steel construction and smooth surfaces for superior wash-down capabilities.
- The SaniQuip® Sanitary Mixer is ideal for sanitary, pharmaceutical, biotech, cosmetic, and food applications.
- It has a light-weight motor with continuous speed control and integral digital tachometer, a compact open pedestal design, integral tri-clamp tank mounting, and a high polish finish on in-tank wetted parts.
- A variety of impellers can be selected from ProQuip’s full range of high-performance designs, including ProQuip’s HiFlow high efficiency hydrofoil.
- The SaniQuip® Sanitary Mixer can be used in tank volumes from 50 liters to 20,000 liters.
- Designs cover from fractional to 5 HP with constant torque, variable speed from 100 to 2000 RPM.
Tank Agitator Impellers, Seals, Shafts, Motors and Couplings
ProQuip process-specific tank agitator impellers optimize the performance of your industrial mixers.
- Impellers selected for optimal mixing process using design correlations.
- Conservative mechanical design criteria utilized and verified with FEA.
- Complete range of process specific impeller designs.
ProQuip tank agitator seals including vapor seals, mechanical seals and stuffing boxes.
- Vapor Seals
- Stuffing Box
- High pressure, Graphited Teflon packing
- Low pressure, Graphited Teflon packing
- Mechanical Seals – ProQuip offers a variety of agitator mechanical seals from top seal manufactures including Chesterton, John Crane and Flowserve.
- Single Mechanical
- Single Split Mechanical
- Double Mechanical
- ProQuip mechanical seal designs allow removal of seal without need to remove the drive or shaft/impeller assembly.
- ProQuip double mechanical seal cartridge designs allow pressure testing of seal assembly with seal shaft in the maintenance shop.
ProQuip tank agitator shafts are designed to exceed industry standards and meet the requirements of a wide variety of industrial mixing applications/processes:
- Conservative Mechanical Design Criteria for Strong Shafts
- Severe duty design operating below 65% of first critical speed.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) used to calculate critical speed and shaft deflection.
- Shafts designs from 1 ½” solid to over 12” solid with free overhung lengths exceeding 50 feet.
- Complete range of materials available, carbon steel, stainless steel, and high corrosion resistant alloys –Hastelloy, Titanium, Tantalum, etc. as specified/required.
- Coated shafts, Plastisol, PVDF, FTFE, PFA etc.
- Lined shafts, rubber, FRP
- Tubular shafts are used where applicable. Tubular shafts provide a stiff, light weight design which may be more cost effective in longer shaft designs. Tubular applications with shaft lengths exceeding 60 feet.
ProQuip tank agitator motors are standard NEMA or IEC frame, typically horizontal, foot mounted style with chemical duty construction from leading motor manufacturers. They are easily replaceable from local suppliers or interchangeable with in plant spares. A complete range of options are available including explosion proof, variable speed capable, special windings or other features as required. Non electric motors, such as hydraulic or air driven can be provided to meet specific requirements or special conditions.
ProQuip Agitator couplings – motor and agitator drive are aligned at the factory and flexibly coupled to protect high speed bearings by smoothing the starting shock and to accommodate any minor misalignment that may develop. A coupling guard is standard for safety consideration. Other coupling arrangements such as fluid or friction disc couplings are available to meet special operating conditions or requirements.