Kerr offers a wide range of Control Panel VFDs, PLCs and HMIs as core components of your custom control panel.
VFDs (Variable Frequency Drives)
A Variable Frequency Drive is a motor controller that drives an electric motor by varying the frequency and voltage supplied to it. When the electric motor does not need to run at full speed, the VFD ramps down the frequency and voltage to meet the electric motor’s load requirements. As the application’s motor speed requirements change, the VFD can simply turn up or down the motor speed to meet the speed requirement.
A VFD has several benefits:
- Reduce energy consumption and cost when an application does not need to be run at full speed all the time.
- Increase production with tighter process control that results from operating motors at the most efficient speed.
- Reduce maintenance and extend the life of your equipment by operating at the motor’s optimal frequency and voltage.
Types of Variable Frequency Drives
We offer a number of IMO variable frequency drives with varying functionality and power to suit each application.
IMO Variable Frequency Drives include:
SD1 General Purpose AC Inverter Drives
SD1 Dual Rated AC Variable Speed Inverter Drives are available in models suitable for every industrial and commercial application:
- 0.4kW – 110kW (0.5HP – 150HP)
- Single Phase up to 2.2kW (3HP)
- Three Phase up to 110kW (150HP)
HD2 High Performance AC Inverter Drives
HD2 high performance, torque vector inverters for AC motors are available in models suitable for every industrial and commercial application:
- 1.5kW – 500kW (2HP – 670HP)
- Three Phase (480V) up to 500kW (670HP)
Jaguar AC Variable Speed Inverter Drives
The Jaguar series of AC VFDs offers a range of frequency inverters to meet the needs of your application. Models include CUB, VXT, VXH and VXA series drives with varying functionality and power.
PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers)
Programmable Logic Controllers are industrial computer control systems that continuously monitor the state of input devices and make decisions based on a custom program to control the state of output devices.
Most modern control systems employ a PLC automation control panel to control motors, pumps, valves and other types of equipment used in an industrial process.
XGB Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) are a range of controllers that deliver easy operation, outstanding performance and advanced networking capabilities to an automated process system. These PLC models are available with a selection of CPU bases with integrated Inputs and Outputs (I/O), and a selection of clip-on expansion modules to tailor process solutions.
These user friendly PLCs feature:
- free IMO programming software to program in one of three IEC IEC61131-3 languages or simplified ladder-function language,
- variety of built-in monitoring and simulation tools including network diagnosis
- can be networked locally or remotely
- I/O can be expanded to 384 points
HMIs (Human machine interfaces)
Computer based HMI (Human Machine Interface) products are the way that process personnel can interact with the PLC control system.
iView is a range of advanced Human Machine Interface (HMI) screens that provide an effective way to view and control a process.
Standard features include:
- data and alarm logging
- internet remote control and monitoring
- built-in script logic and graphics library
- username and password manager
- automated event processing and scheduling
- high resolution, back-lit LED display
- support for over 480 industrial communications protocols
- free IMO licensed software