Kerr Pump & Supply was recently featured in CAM Magazine (Construction Association of Michigan) as we celebrate 115 years as a supplier of pumps and industrial equipment to the greater Detroit area. Founded in 1905 by Scottish immigrant Alexander M. Kerr, the company had its early roots under the name of Kerr Machinery & Supply. Currently headquartered in Oak Park, the company initially ran its operations out of the basement of the Dime Bank Building in the heart of the city, where we successfully built and manufactured electric and steam driven centrifugal pumps. In 1914, growth and expansion led to the enlistment of architect Albert Kahn, to design a modern, 6-story structure, the Kerr Machinery Building, at the corner of Fort and Beaubien streets.
Kerr Pump & Supply continued to grow steadily over the years, and we made another move to what is our current location in 1964. It is here that we manufacture the Kerr and Haynes line of vertical process and vertical sump pumps. Additionally, we represent over 50 different lines of centrifugal, gear and vacuum pumps – as well as other products, like heat exchangers, blowers, tanks, packaged systems, and control panels. These offerings span diverse types of applications, providing solutions for many manufacturing and municipal processes.